Human hair extensions are a popular way for people to add length, volume and colour to their natural hair. They allow you to create the look you want without damaging your locks and they’re an easy way to make a fashion statement. There are several different types of human hair extensions available on the market, each with its benefits and drawbacks. Whether you’re looking for a subtle change or something more dramatic, there’s sure to be an option that will suit your needs. In this article, we’ll explore what human hair extensions are, the types of human hair extensions available and how they can be used in styling your look.
Types of Human Hair Extensions
Human hair extensions come in various types, each with its own characteristics and application methods. Here are some of the most common types of human hair extensions in Brisbane:
Clip-in Hair Extensions
- Clip-in extensions are temporary and easy to apply.
- They consist of wefts of hair with clips attached.
- Users can clip them into their natural hair for added length and volume.
- They can be removed and reinstalled as needed.
Tape-in Hair Extensions
- Tape-in extensions are semi-permanent and involve taping wefts of hair to the natural hair.
- They are lightweight and lay flat against the head, making them less noticeable.
- Typically, they last for several weeks before needing reinstallation.
Sew-in or Weave Hair Extensions
- Sew-in extensions, also known as weaves, are installed by braiding the natural hair and then sewing wefts of hair onto the braids.
- They can be worn for an extended period but may require maintenance to prevent damage to the natural hair.
Micro-Link or Micro-Bead Hair Extensions
- Micro-link extensions involve attaching small sections of hair with a small bead or link.
- These extensions can be adjusted and moved as needed.
- They are considered semi-permanent and typically last for several months.
Fusion or Pre-Bonded Hair Extensions
- Fusion extensions use keratin glue to bond individual strands of hair to the natural hair.
- They offer a natural look but can be time-consuming to apply and remove.
- They can last for several months with proper care.
Nano-Ring Hair Extensions
- Nano-ring extensions are similar to micro-link extensions but use smaller and more discreet rings.
- They are applied by threading small sections of hair through the rings and clamping them shut.
- These extensions are known for their natural appearance and durability.
Clip-in Bangs or Fringes
- These are clip-in extensions specifically designed to add bangs or fringe to a hairstyle.
- They provide a quick and temporary way to change your look without cutting your natural hair.
Wigs and Hairpieces
- Wigs and hairpieces are not traditional extensions but are made from real human hair.
- They are worn to cover the entire head or specific areas where more volume or length is desired.
- Wigs and hairpieces come in various styles, including full wigs, partial wigs, and ponytail extensions.
Halo Hair Extensions:
- Halo extensions are a single weft of hair attached to a wire or nylon thread.
- They are placed on the head like a halo or crown and sit just below the natural hairline.
- They provide an easy and temporary way to add volume and length without clips or bonds.
Custom or Hand-Tied Extensions:
- Custom extensions are tailor-made to match the individual’s hair colour, texture, and desired length.
- They are often created by professional hair extension specialists.
When choosing the right type of human hair extensions, it’s essential to consider factors such as your desired look, lifestyle, maintenance requirements, and budget. Consulting with a professional stylist can help you determine which type of extension is best suited for your needs. Additionally, proper care and maintenance are crucial to prolong the lifespan of your extensions and keep your natural hair healthy.
Human hair extensions are a great way to add length, volume, and colour to your hair. They can also be used to cover up thinning areas or bald spots on the scalp. With proper care and maintenance, human hair extensions can last for many years and provide long-lasting results with minimal damage to the natural hair. With so many different types of human hair extensions available, it is easy for anyone to experiment with different styles and find the perfect look for them.